Thursday, September 23, 2010

So it's decided...

I am at that age. You know, the one that slaps you straight upside the head and says, "Get it together, you're life is passing you by." Soon, I will be 41, and it's time for me to get it together, grow up, and start taking myself, and my life, a little bit more seriously.

The timing couldn't be worse. I've spent the past month dealing with, first, an eye injury, then vertigo, and now, a ringing, blocked ear.  Steriods have been prescribed and, hopefully, they will do their job without fattening me up or messing with my head. Nonetheless, I feel physically horrible and I am completely emotionally drained, yet I find that the only way out is by climbing a higher mountain, and doing it alone.

Does this make sense?

I am going to learn a language. My language of choice is Italiano, but I don't have anyone to practice speaking it with. I have a five year background of Spanish behind me, which amounts for nothing in the real world, and there are native Spanish speakers everywhere. Thus, it seems like the best idea to do Spanish, and then if I am still motivated, add Italiano as a third language.

Total immersion at Berlitz (my dream) is nearly $4,000 and Rosetta Stone, levels 1 and 2 are less than $500. Do I do the expensive way, and just get it done, or take a chance with CDs and do Stone?

Yo no say.

No comments:

Post a Comment