Saturday, December 17, 2011

Exhausted in glittery 6" heels

Sitting at our handmade-with-reclaimed-wood table tonight was a total treat. Having been, for the most part, a stay at home (or at times, a work from home P/T) mom, didn't prepare me for the exhaustion that comes with putting my heart into my work.

I am so deeply committed to my new line of candles that I can't sleep. I am excited thinking of new ideas for candles, promotions, and the possibility of fabulous new stores carrying my line. I just got my Chocolate Deluxe candle ready to pour, and the new scent made me feel really happy. I can't wait to share it with everyone.

Today, I put wax in the melter and, as it melted, I packed orders, labeled candles, sent and read emails. It's been like this every week, and most weekends, for the past month.

I love it.

But I equally love the feeling I get when my work is done, and I can sit in the kitchen, putting my glittery heeled shoes up on the table, to kick back with a beer. Feeling accomplished, exhausted, and free to relax is just a really great way to start the weekend. Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment