Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Paleo Zone - Day 1

I am modifying the Paleo diet by way of what is called the Paleo Zone. It's pretty much the Paleo diet, but allows for dairy.

My first challenge was finding food that I could eat at Liberty Science Center's cafeteria. It wasn't easy, and I failed the Paleo part, but still managed to eat something healthy. I got grilled chicken with lettuce on a wrap, so the wrap part is the failure. Still, I did better than I'd hoped.

Tonight, I am having egg whites and spinach for dinner... strawberries for dessert. My son's having the same, and there is an amazing brand new tub of caramel swirl ice cream in the fridge that he will be able to indulge in for dessert. Will I miss it? Hardly. I am very focused on getting my life back on track, so if it means no sugar (no ice cream), that's a small sacrifice.

Anyhow, I'll be making Sugar Cookie & Strawberry Shortcake candles all night so at least I will get to smell something fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment