Monday, February 20, 2012

Yes, I Still Send Cards.

"Yes, I still send cards" is on a pin I purchased from a card company called La Familia Green. It's one of the best pins I've ever seen, so I bought a bunch of them. Letter writing is a dying practice, and I am determined to at least try to bring it back!

***

Today is Make or Mail Monday. Now if you know me, you know that I am a big proponent of writing and sending mail via the United States Postal Service.

I make my own cards sometimes, however bad they may be. Usually, though, I buy handmade cards or postcards and keep them in my desk drawer (the desk was once my grandfather's) to save for when the spirit moves me. Today is one of those days.

I am writing a letter to a friend who lives in Florida, who I haven't seen in a few years. Just writing to say hello and let her know I am thinking of her.

Might I inspire you to get in touch with an old friend today?

Exit 39, Denville card by my man, photographer Ward Vogt. Available on his etsy page.

Write a note or letter and mail it out today. It can be as simple as a writing a few words on a postcard, or as involved as making your very own card. You can go to your local, family owned shop, and buy a card, or send a postcard that shows your town. You can even just write on a piece of paper that you were going to recycle. Now you cannot mail it today, since it's a holiday, but you can put it in the mailbox to be picked up tomorrow...

Whenever I go on vacation, I buy a bunch of extra postcards that I don't plan on sending during my trip, and then mail them out to local friends just for fun. What's more fun than getting a postcard from Paris, with a postal stamp from NJ, sent by a neighbor?

Have fun with it. Write to someone who may need to hear your kind words. And if you haven't anyone you'd like to write to, go ahead and send me a postcard from the town that you live in. I'd love to receive it. Mail to Domestic Goddess, PO Box 243, Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046.

No comments:

Post a Comment