Tuesday, November 16, 2010

D.G. Gets Crafty

Today I am starting on a craft project. While I am definitely into baking and cooking, decorating, party planning, and home making, I admit that I fall a bit short in the crafty department.


I can appreciate a good crafter. Someone who can make something special from leftovers. I love when people turn junk into art, who create amazing things from nothing. And today, I found a blog that offered a great craft idea that seems easy enough to do, even for a lay crafter like me. Martina, who writes M's Art Impressions, the blog I am speaking of, wrote about this in her blog post: Friday Pretties: A paper wreath - and how to make it. As soon as I read it, I knew I wanted to try. I don't like cutting up books, but I do like having words on the wreath, as I am obsessed with reading. I am using a book that I won't read again: Alfie. I pulled three leaves off of my Tabasco plant; one small, one medium, one large, and will trace them to make a template for my wreath's leaves. It seems that Martina's wreath isn't covered around the sides and back, so I am going to first decoupage mine with pages, and then pin the leaves on.  She has another one I'd like to try for Christmas: Creative idea: Yarn Mobile, but I think I should take these projects on one at a time. Baby steps.


I will keep you posted as to how it actually goes, the type of bow, what worked and what didn't, or if it was a total disaster. Wish me luck, and should you attempt to join me on this venture, just click on the underlined Friday Pretties to get to the blog post. And remember to please let me know how yours works out. I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment