Friday, December 10, 2010

Stockings: The Update!

Our Christmas stockings, the ones I wrote about in my blog post, Lost the Battle, Won the War, are happily hanging and waiting for Santa. Since they came in the mail from the etsy store, Nana's Knits, I have sewn on a bunch of embellishments: vintage plastic charms. All of them have lucky four leaf clovers on them, all have a fish (from the same school), all have lucky charms. Each of the three kids have one of the see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil monkeys sewn on, after a photo that I took of them doing the famous pose. All have donkeys on them. In addition, each have different charms, exclusive to the person. W's is my favorite, covered in fish and fishermen, and a boat (he is my fisherman, after all).


I made some pom poms (is that what they are called?) -- those little balls that hang like tassels, with glittery red yarn, for mine and the girls' stockings. I just tied mine on, and will tie the ones that I made for the girls' stockings on tomorrow. Do I make pom poms for the boys? I'm not really sure.


But the point of this blog is to enlist your help. I need to find vintage Christmas charms, preferably plastic. I found some really cute glow-in-the-dark ones (see below) on Cameo's Collectibles on etsy, and I love them. The lot, however, has 13 charms, and I only want 5 (the sailboat, the snowman, the elf, the rocking horse, and the drum). Maybe the seller will split the set. 

Vintage plastic glow in the dark charms from Cameo's Collectibles. I want!
If you have, or know anyone who has, vintage plastic charms that they don't want, please let me know. I am looking for Christmas ones, and also animals, sea creatures, numbers, letters, food, and lucky charms. Please do send me links, etc. unless they are inexpensive. I saw a great charm that I loved, but it was $49. I certainly don't want to spend more than $1 per charm.


I'd also love an Italian horn, and lucky symbols from Italy and Greece (that don't have to be vintage).

No comments:

Post a Comment