Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sometimes motivation, inspiration and comfort come from someone else's creations.

It's been a displacing sort of week. While I still wait to see if my son's delayed opening tomorrow sticks, or becomes another day of no school (argh) as it did today, I find myself feeling so displaced. 

Since September, I've been trying to get back to the gym. Having to go back to work for my family company, plus organizing my two new businesses (where my heart lies), and well, being a single mom, I just haven't found a chance. I want to lose weight but have had no time to work out, and my stress levels are rising. Oh, and then there's the hormonal changes. I've about had it.


Being home with W and the kids has been my only saving grace. In 10 days, I will be 42, and I want to have something more to show for it. My Domestic Goddess Line, along with it's parent company, Ward Vogt Designs, is what I hope will be that show.


I went to Savannah Hope Vintage today to drop off a large delivery of candles and, wow, the display that Andrea has done really lifted my spirits. I was so thrilled.


Window display at 906 Main Street, Boonton.


I delivered the remaining candles that she ordered, and she put this together...




I was in awe. Andrea's got a magical touch, and I love the way that she created something so amazing with my candles and note cards. 


She's good. Really good. Nearly all of my furniture is from her store, or was refinished by her. Everything that she touches seems to turn to gold. She has an eye for decorating, designing, creating, repurposing, you name it.


Look what she did with music paper! She made bows, clips, and boxes. Great for music lovers.


These bows make the perfect topping on any music lover's gift.

Her creations, in combination with a very special conversation W and I had tonight with our friend Diane, has given me a inspiration. 

Come to Girls' Night Out at Savannah Hope Vintage, 906 Main Street in Boonton, to see exactly what I'm talking about. The minute you meet Andrea, it will all make sense.

2 comments:

  1. DG is too kind. She exaggerates, really. She is the one with real talent. But come meet me anyway! Her candles are sooooo good they won't last! (plus did I mention that we will have chocolate martinis, and lots of chocolate goodies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't exaggerate at all. You totally RULE!

    ReplyDelete