Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trust is Everything

I have a hard time trusting people. For much of my life, I've had the rug pulled out from under me at times when I felt most secure.

There have been a few people in my life that I knew I could always trust. I could open up to them, and they were like loving vaults. If not for them, I don't know how I could have survived. Without trust, one never feels safe. Trust is the most important thing in any relationship, professional or personal.

In the midst of something beautiful, the launch of my new product line, I just learned that someone has breached my trust. Someone I've known for a long time, someone that I should have been able to trust. And that someone failed me.

Just last night, I read a blog post that was written by Kathryn Budig last year. Elephant Journal just reposted it. It is called, "Why It's Okay to Not Be Nice" (oh, read it). I try very hard to be kind, and to give endless chances to people who may not be worthy of them. I try to find the beating heart in people who may have hollow chests. It's time for a change.

This last breach of trust was a big one. The final one. In less than two weeks, I will be 42 years old. I am doing what my good friend does every year, assess every relationship I have, and drop the toxic ones. Fortunately, there's only one toxic one left, and I've been looking for every reason to save it. No more.

At this moment, my heart is letting go of a cruel person who's done more damage than good. I already feel relieved.



My old neighbor, Katie Rosenhouse, who I babysat back in the 80s, just won Sweet Genius on Food TV. Like, just five minutes ago. Her sweet reward, combined with the launch of my sweet candles, and a very chocolaty Girls' Night Out event at Savannah Hope Vintage tomorrow night, begins a new, sweet year for this Scorpio.

Thanks to all of my loyal readers. Your big hearts keep me going.

Also read: How To Let Go Of A Past Relationship: 10 Steps to Move on Peacefully

No comments:

Post a Comment