Monday, January 31, 2011

Show and Tell Monday - Special Edition (kt40)

Is it Show and Tell Monday already? Well, thank God! I've been dying to share this with you.

I am curating a group art show that is scheduled to open on Saturday, February 26th. The show, called Love Is: Romantic Renderings of Daily Life, has seven featured artists and photographers. One of the artists lives in Italy. Her work came over last week, well packaged, and I wanted to wait to open the work until it was someplace safe. Today,  the safe place appeared, and I began opening the artwork. 

Katy Keuter, don't expect much of your work to be sent back to Italy after the show. That's all that I have to say.

"Permission" by Katy Keuter
9 3/4" by 9 3/4"
Mixed media acrylics and collaged papers on 100% cotton canvas,
sealed with a gel medium and a medium gloss protecting varnish

Can you imagine that this was the first one that I saw? I nearly fell over. I know Katy's more recent work pretty well, and this is so different to me. I loved all of her work so much, that I asked her to participate in this show, and then I saw this. Well, consider it sold.

For Show and Tell Monday, February 28th, I promise to post photographs from the exhibit, so that you can see all of her work, and the work of the other amazing artists and photographers that are showing. If you are local and would like to join us, please do! Champagne and strawberries will be everywhere, and most of the artists will be there for you to meet. It's from 5 - 8 p.m. at the Gallery at River's Edge, 106 Broadway, in Denville, NJ.

Guess what else? I received a really special gift from her. I wonder, are all curators so lucky as to receive gifts from artists in their shows?

Velvet black drawstring bag, with KT40 signature label.
The way this ribbon is tied, and the tag, it looks like a pretty apron.
What's inside, you wonder? It's Show and Tell Mondays, not Show and Spill the Beans on All Good Things Mondays. Let's just say that I love it, it's so Katy, and I will keep it close to my heart. 

Have a great week, all.  

4 comments:

  1. Tiffany thanks for all the kindness really I mean this!!! I am so thrilled to be a part of this art show. I can't wait to see the photos from the exhibit. I will be toasting you all from over here:)
    katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited. I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy's work is wonderful, I'm in awe of all the media she works with! I'm the proud owner of one of her sewing handiwork - a beautiful scarf. Best wishes on the show, looking forward to the end of the month then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her work. I have a bunch of stuff that I bought from her and I treasure it all! I will definitely post all the pics on here. We are all in amazement!

    ReplyDelete